LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL

+18
kopje
A-rod
amped™
mrxak
Buzzzy
C.P. Frost
Mackilroy
Pastrl
Tuktuk
20FingerS
Valentin K
MaxDamage
Tomte
alphonse
DonaemouS
Pax-raider
pEsT
djpimley
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL - Page 4 Empty Re: ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL

Post  DonaemouS Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:46 am

hey kopje and benvenuto!
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL - Page 4 Empty Re: ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL

Post  kopje Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am

DonaemouS wrote:hey kopje and benvenuto!

Thx but I'm watching you here since 2009 Razz

kop

kopje
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:54 am

ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL - Page 4 Schermata20110125a11531
it's cause I'm getting old...
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  kopje Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:55 am

DonaemouS wrote:ASW forum has become a barrel of FAIL - Page 4 Schermata20110125a11531
it's cause I'm getting old...

Nah... it's cause you talk so much with Val Wink

kop

kopje
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastrl Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am

I made myself some thoughts about the recent days... Over all, it's actually only a childish thing, those other posters got angry because wheelsmoke made that post (without bad intention of course) in our small Redline corner instead whereever it obviously was belonging. That had been actually no problem. I know it from other forums, (yes, Redliners can even visit also other forums) where moderators just move wrong placed threads to where they belong. Had the Ambrosia staff also done so immidiately, all had been kept relaxed, without that flood of spamming messages basing on the (wrong) expectation that we are narrow-minded and xenophobic or whatever.

I have to say for my case, I never visit any other region of the Ambrosia boards. This NOT because I don't like them, I simply miss the time for it. Hey, I have some real-life beyond! A job, private jobs, children, friends, modelling, CAD, Redline recing and making content, my frozen hamsters stuff etc. etc., What a Face I just miss the time to visit everything. And and then too, honestly, I don't have any interest to join a forum that is so full of sarcastic and ironic postings since I don't see the sense for it. And if I would join something like that, then I'd do it in German language for sure. In a language like English, it makes simply no sense for me, most of that slangy stuff is over my knowledge then.

I'm an Ambrosia fan since more than 20 years. Maybe not the best customer, but I like them. Also such spam boys can't change that opinion anyway. When the mess started on the Redline forum, I was just pissed about those senseless postings and found it actually just wasted time to be there.

And I got a bit disappointed by the mods that they have let it come so far, instead to solve it, for instance like I said above. But there must be said, all those ironic jokers have done already thousands of posts, they seem to have the respect due to that, even for doing such idiotic things like spamming a small corner of the company's boards.

But the Ambrosia boards are important for Redline. Imagine, somebody is interested on Redline. First that he is remarking, shit! that game is some old stuff, no upgrades since years. Seems not to be too innovative. And then, the forums is merely empty and dead. To be honest, Ambrosia (or Jonas) did a great job on Redline, but then they let the baby actually die. It's all the community that keeps the game alive nowadays. So, newcomers should at least see that there is a living community on the forum making content for the game etc., else they leave their fingers off it for sure.

I enjoyed the days without any forum, cool it was to model thru the pastoral lands instead... afro Smile

Pastrl
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackilroy Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Your hamster is frozen?!?! Question

As far as I've been told there will be a rewrite of Redline, it will just take some time because a. it's a lot of work, and b. the guy who's doing it is doing it on his own time, not on Ambrosia's time. So it'll be a while before that's completed.

Mackilroy
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Reading through the posts, i must express myself.

i was hiding seing my virtual friends childish behaviour.
The ASW-Forum thingy went off topic, spammers intruded the Redline-part of the ASW-Forums.

So what? Insult them? Are we adults yet?
Just relax a bit more.

Jonas did a great job programming this game - its just adorable.
And ASW did and does a great job to sell and support the game. Dont underestimate what they do. Even if the plugins-page of the asw-website is... well. not really useful. You need to know legacyoflies.com if you need plugins. I never blamed anyone at asw for any error they could have done because i never thanked them enough to have the tracker up and running and answer my pms in no time when its down.

Errors happen. I confirm i would have reacted differently then the reaction was with the spam-topic on the forum. So what? I am not better or worse, and earth is still there tomorrow. Its not a real impact.

Let us go on again - as some already do.
The official Forum of Redline is over at ambrosiasw.com. If you want to support Redline and want a future for this game - you must post there.

That's the way it is now.

Relax, my friends, i hug you Wink

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Mackilroy wrote:
As far as I've been told there will be a rewrite of Redline, it will just take some time because a. it's a lot of work, and b. the guy who's doing it is doing it on his own time, not on Ambrosia's time. So it'll be a while before that's completed.
Thanks for the update Mack. Do you know what is on the list to be added/fixed/altered?
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Pastrl Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Mackilroy wrote:Your hamster is frozen?!?! Question

This is only a little multiplayer joke Razz

Pastrl
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  NoNameBrand Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Pax-raider wrote:
Mackilroy wrote:
Thanks for the update Mack. Do you know what is on the list to be added/fixed/altered?

Hmm. I hope there isn't a feedback loop here. Maybe a PM conversation could confirm that Mackilroy's not talking about a project some of us knew about already.

NoNameBrand
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 321
Interests : guitar, photography
Humor : ...is properly spelled 'humour'.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

http://lonelyfridge.com

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:36 pm

alphonse wrote:i was hiding seing my virtual friends childish behaviour.
Just think of us as your virtual children. Laughing
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:07 pm

alphonse wrote:i was hiding seing my virtual friends childish behaviour.
The ASW-Forum thingy went off topic, spammers intruded the Redline-part of the ASW-Forums.

So what? Insult them? Are we adults yet?
Just relax a bit more.
AAAAAAAAAAAh!!!

Let's start an internal mods flame!!!

Well, to be honest, as I wrote to Valentin K as well, I didn't understood how, when and where the flame was started. I just read the adam_0 post, talking about who need more or less respect, and give him an answer.

What I did was wave my M16, go in position, and shooting at each things was moving around me. WE DON'T CARE WHO FIRST SHOOT, we must to defend the fort and save what is saveable!!!!

Alphonse your side was undefended!!! Where it was your M16, Ak47 or Sniper Rifle?!?

naturally I'm joking -_-
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm

DonaemouS wrote:I didn't understood how, when and where the flame was started.
I don't think there's much point in holding an autopsy, but the time-line is there in wheelsmoke's topic. Having said that, historians might be interested to note that the thread we're typing in now actually started BEFORE the flame war began...

On a happier note, did you guys all notice my suggestion of a UK meet in the summer of 2012 at Silverstone to drive the Stowe circuit in single-seaters? bounce
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:34 pm

Pax-raider wrote:
I don't think there's much point in holding an autopsy,

Yes - no sniper, no autopsy - no frozen hamsters and no cats in the fridge.
phew !

did you guys all notice my suggestion of a UK meet in the summer of 2012 at Silverstone to drive the Stowe circuit in single-seaters? bounce

I saw that suggestions - but lost it somehow.
One one hand a perfect idea. Much muuney involved there (travel, hotel, drive).

When i have money then (positive thinking, alf! - postitive) - i would be really glad to be with you guys there.

anyone else?

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenners Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Pax-raider wrote:
DonaemouS wrote:I didn't understood how, when and where the flame was started.
I don't think there's much point in holding an autopsy, but the time-line is there in wheelsmoke's topic. Having said that, historians might be interested to note that the thread we're typing in now actually started BEFORE the flame war began...

On a happier note, did you guys all notice my suggestion of a UK meet in the summer of 2012 at Silverstone to drive the Stowe circuit in single-seaters? bounce
We need to find the most likely person to put us all up somewhere near the 'Ring, have a drive there..

K

Kenners
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm

alphonse wrote:anyone else?
Pax has a definite maybe from me. What a Face
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  20FingerS Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Pax-raider wrote:
Well, I dreamed about it but at the moment all I can see is my empty wallet...but LOTS of things might change before that day...let's keep in touch ... lol!

@Alph, if I seemed to kind of criticise you for your silence, well, big apologies...all I wanted to do was justifying so much hot temper from some of us...
But I MADE A MISTAKE! Never use bad language, and this is even more true if the language I am using is not my mother tongue...
I loved your silence..I knew some of you guys were there, reading, shaking your head or hiney, going over it and doing something much more interesting.

But I still think we've got to save the planet...AK47 or peace and love...different weapons for a new world.

I hug you too!

20FingerS
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 44
Humor : Ups and downS
Favorite Car : difficult one...too may...Lotus Exige gt3?
Favorite Track : Mugello, Imola, Nurburgring, Monaco, Virginia, Mid-ohio, Rudskogen...shall I stop?
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:54 am

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
- Edmund Burke
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:10 am

well well well look what happens when i turn my back on you kids ... dont make me pull this car over! Laughing

glad to see at least a civil agreement to restore peace in the community and pleased as to how many redliners still alive and passionate ... see you soon on the track again ladies

edit: jonas ... see what you started? rabbit
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home

Back to top Go down

Post  amped™ Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:51 am

leoantix wrote:well well well look what happens when i turn my back on you kids ... dont make me pull this car over! Laughing

glad to see at least a civil agreement to restore peace in the community and pleased as to how many redliners still alive and passionate ... see you soon on the track again ladies

edit: jonas ... see what you started? rabbit

yes daddy!!! Razz

amped™
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 142
Interests : Graphic duhziner, honkey, handsome, sweetheart
Humor : no, there i none of that
Favorite Car : honkeymobile™
Favorite Track : honkey hideout

Back to top Go down

Post  GUMMY BEAR Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:58 pm

I guess I got here a bit late (first time on this forum in at least 8 months), but the point is I'm here and not on ambrosia. :/
GUMMY BEAR
GUMMY BEAR
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 77
Interests : Redline and Music
Humor : Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Favorite Car : Dodge Challenger (any year), Pontiac GTO 1966, Chevy Chevelle 1972
Favorite Track : My favorite track is the next track.
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxDamage Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:33 am

are we there yet?!? Suspect
MaxDamage
MaxDamage
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 65
Interests : Business Administration / Business Information Systems / Redline
Humor : none
Favorite Car : Chaparral J2 / Mini
Favorite Track : Silverstone / City
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:54 am

sure... but with no flames anymore Rolling Eyes
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  GUMMY BEAR Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Does anyone know if there is a chance that this (legacy) forum might get a face lift?
GUMMY BEAR
GUMMY BEAR
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 77
Interests : Redline and Music
Humor : Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Favorite Car : Dodge Challenger (any year), Pontiac GTO 1966, Chevy Chevelle 1972
Favorite Track : My favorite track is the next track.
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 am

GUMMY BEAR wrote:Does anyone know if there is a chance that this (legacy) forum might get a face lift?
It doesn't need a face lift.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next