LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nürburgring 24h 2011

3 posters

Go down

Nürburgring 24h 2011 Empty Nürburgring 24h 2011

Post  Valentin K Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey all,

I thought some of you might be interested in watching this event featuring at least three dozen victory-capable cars, most of them GT3s ("SP9 GT3"). They're roughly at the half time marker now and there are several possibilities to follow it online - I recommend the official live video stream paired with Radio Le Mans live commentary.

http://adac.24h-rennen.de/Live-Streaming-Premium.4091.0.html
http://radiolemans.com/

Some highlights are already on youtube, they can be found in this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MT89Motorsport2

Enjoy!

Last edited by Valentin K on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Nürburgring 24h 2011 Empty Re: Nürburgring 24h 2011

Post  djpimley Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 am

I'll check it out, thanks!
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuktuk Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 am

Nice. I had to click on "zum einfachen Stream" in lower but still good quality to see it.

How does this blue flashlight inside faster cars works? Is it initiated automatically or are the drivers turning them on?

Last edited by Tuktuk on Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuktuk
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:01 pm

The 30 top-qualified cars received the blue flashing light - they began that practice a couple of years ago and it has since proved to be successful.

Looking at the race in retrospective: Manthey improved its own distance record from 2009 (set with the same car) by a lap following a race with an insane performance density causing a true 24 hour sprint, probably the best Nürburgring 24 hours ever. James Glickenhaus's P 4/5 Competizione suffered a variety of technical problems, yet still managed to hang on to a 39th place finish, 2 positions ahead of the best factory Lexus LF-A (the other was beaten even by the Opel Manta that finished in 129th of 135 ranked cars). German racing legend Hans-Joachim Stuck ended his career with this race, having piloted a Reiter Engineering Gallardo LP600+ GT3 with Dennis Rostek and his two sons Johannes and Ferdinand to 15th position overall (following gearbox trouble).

>>Overall Results<<

I am of the opinion that this event proved once again why it's one of the hardest GT races in the world, with many top favorites being forced to retire - Mamerow Racing's SLS AMG GT3 crashed out of the lead during the early night hours, Team Need For Speed by Schubert originally fielded three 2011-spec BMW Z4 GT3s. Neither finished, at least two were allegedly reduced to scrap after running very strongly (one of them was 2nd when a major crash occured at night).

The other major Schubert Z4 GT3 crash (no injuries):

I'm already starting to count the days until the next Nürburgring 24 hours. Twisted Evil
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife

Back to top Go down