LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help anyone ?

+2
leoantix
kouch
6 posters

Go down

help anyone ? Empty help anyone ?

Post  kouch Tue May 05, 2009 12:37 am

hi all !
i'd be very very proud to help you in cars/tracks developpement. i'm not too bad with photoshop, and i can model little 3D things too. if you see anything that i can do to help you in redline plugs, just ask me, i'll be very glad to see a little part of my work somewhere in the game.
kouch
kouch
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 3
Favorite Car : lime rock
Favorite Track : cheetah
Registration date : 2009-04-13

http://profile.myspace.com/groupehexis

Back to top Go down

help anyone ? Empty Re: help anyone ?

Post  leoantix Tue May 05, 2009 3:26 am

welcome aboard kouch ... im sure plenty of the developers have projects which could use some aid in. just give those lazy bastages some time ... they will chime in with plenty of requests soon tongue

note: nice finish on the axe
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Tue May 05, 2009 6:47 am

Howdy,

Keep an eye on the development topics here and on the official ASW forum. There are at least 3 track projects in development at the moment: Silverstone (update), Lime Rock Park and Nordschleife. One thing to bear in mind is that there are many gotchas to modelling for Redline - lots of information here.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Wed May 06, 2009 5:35 am

djpimley wrote:There are at least 3 track projects in development at the moment: Silverstone (update), Lime Rock Park and Nordschleife.
Neutral 4?

hey welcome! We will for sure start to ask help, as soon as the exciting GT3 tournament will come at the end.
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Post  kouch Wed May 06, 2009 6:51 am

thx to you 3. i got usefull app and advises from your links, djpimpley. sure, now i'm not able to build a complete car or track, but dont hesitate, when it'll be time, to ask me exactly what you need for next updates (lime rock is one of my favorite tracks bounce ), i'll do my best !
kouch
kouch
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenners Wed May 06, 2009 11:08 am

kouch wrote:thx to you 3. i got usefull app and advises from your links, djpimpley. sure, now i'm not able to build a complete car or track, but dont hesitate, when it'll be time, to ask me exactly what you need for next updates (lime rock is one of my favorite tracks bounce ), i'll do my best !
The Lime Rock available on LoL is currently in (re)development. There are many buildings that need to be modeled; if you're familiar with the track, you could start making some; I do have a series of pics from Leo I could send you for reference.

I've already got the little marshall (sp?) stands; I have the pedestrian bridge, and a WIP of the auto bridge just before the downhill corner. Take a look at the other buildings in-game; if you think any of them could be tweaked, let me know & I'll send you the file(s).

I'll PM you a link to the next WIP of the track I get ready (I'm kinda close now for needing more feedback).

Do you use Blender?

Kenners

Kenners
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Wed May 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Yes, welcome to the RL modelers club. (BTW, its interesting how many of us play guitar... Twisted Evil )

Other than the scenery, Silverstone doesn't need many new models. One that you could do if you wanted is the new building that's part of the Porsche test facility. As with most of the RL models its more of a texturing job than a modeling problem, given that you don't want to use more than about 1000 tri's on any single model. Let me know if you're interested.

Link

More pictures
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:03 am

I've tried to incorporate your model kouch, but the way you exported the wavefront is not standard for RL models. I can see there are 8 different objects in the model (although Blender reports 11?), and one of them is "multires", whatever that means. cyclops

When I import the wavefront into Model Importer its got a scaling issue, the materials didn't get exported properly (only one is showing) and the normals are off in some cases (ie: faces are being drawn on the inside faces of some objects).

I'm not sure how other modelers do it, but for one building like this I would have only one object (I add new meshes in the same object), and unwrap all the faces into one UV map. Because one object is multires, it says I can't combine all the objects, and I also can't seem to scale everything in a sensible way to export everything at the right size...

I'm not sure where to go from here, maybe some other modelers can help us out of this situation?

I can post the .blend file if that would help and you are OK with that, kouch.

Here's what I see in MI after import:

help anyone ? Porsch10
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

help anyone ? Empty hello again

Post  kouch Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:24 pm

oh that's not what i see on my computer…

help anyone ? RenduAv
help anyone ? RenduAr

i think the pb is that i used 2 texture images for that object. as you suggested me, Pax-raider, redLine requires to use only one pic file. then i have to merge those 2 image files, and re-adress the uv maps.
i tried to be close to the RL building, according to photos i could see. tell me if you see something to be improved.
kouch
kouch
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:30 pm

kouch wrote:as you suggested me, Pax-raider, redLine requires to use only one pic file.
This is not so. You just need to create 2 materials for your object, assign texture 1 to material 1 and texture 2 to material 2, and make sure you're OBJ export options group by material and include a MTL file.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: